Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Psalm 97

Psalm 97:1

"You don't have to worry about whether your world is under control. God rules. You just have to trust him when his rule isn't evident." Paul Tripp New Morning Mercies

"Honestly facing your lack of sovereignty over your own life produces either anxiety or relief. Anxiety is God-forgetting.... God-remembering...rests in the relief that although it may not look like it, your life is under the careful control of One who defines wisdom, power, and love."

 Daniel 4:34-35
"for his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
and his kingdom endures from generation to generation."

In a particular situation in my life right now, I tend to feel hopeless and helpless. I am the kind of person who likes to fix things. When something is wrong, I get out my lists and figure out a method of repair. That obviously doesn't always work. God is kind to give me this gentle reminder. 

Psalm 97:11-12
"...rest is not to be found in your control but in God's absolute rule over everything."

No comments: