Saturday, March 26, 2016

Abigail had lots to say on this day!
Parents, don't check out. The older your kids get, the more they need for you to engage your minds. Don't get in to the habit of half listening to the four year old who babbles on and on. Listen carefully. In ten years, they're going to be asking hard questions and making decisions that have longer consequences. In twenty years, they may not be talking at all, at least not to you. Hopefully they've found a godly spouse or a trusted counselor. I really fuss a lot about technology, I really wish our lives weren't so dependent on it. I placed a basket on our buffet for phones to go into while were having family meals. But there are times that I miss moments because I'm looking down. These days are passing quickly. I want our children to remember me talking with them, not what the top of my head looked like when gray hair started popping up.


This picture reminds me of my love-hate relationship with technology. If I hadn't had my phone close by, I would've missed this moment. I don't think I was fully enjoying it as I should have at the time. But because I snapped several pictures I can look back and laugh at the morning that everyone became princesses.

No comments: