Wednesday, August 05, 2015

This summer has been unusual. I have been traveling more, cleaning and cooking less, and spent much less on the computer. Which means I haven't blogged at all. By now I would normally have had the school closet cleaned out and well on my way to having school planned for the next year, but I don't. And that's all okay. My family is all well - today.

Ray and I spent ten days in London in late May. My mom had a pacemaker installed and I went back and forth to see her more than I usually do, but that was the good part. Our family took a week long vacation to Daytona Beach, also good. I had a major car wreck and broke my sternum.  Other than those big things, I'm not sure where the time went.

This Summer season has been "spiritually dry" for me also. I don't know why, but I haven't "felt" close to God or that I have anything worthwhile to share. It's important to note that though feelings matter somewhat, they don't decide who God is. God has not moved, He has always been, and will always be. He never changes.

But what about my feelings? Christians are as likely as anyone to go through seasons of darkness, but the difference for Christians is that there is light at the end of he tunnel. God is Light! He will see us through. As I sit on my bed and recover from a car wreck, I can see that God is working for my good through this all.

Hopefully, I'll be back to my routine "chaos" soon and God will use His word to cheer me and spur me on to do what He has called me to do.

3 comments:

Melody O said...

Hi, Lori. You have been in my prayers since I heard about your accident. I do hope you are recovering well, even if only daily getting better and better. May the Lord encourage your heart during this dry season as well. We can be confident that He has not moved and is ever near as He has promised. He is faithful and will bring you through this time.

Love you, sweet sister!

Suzanne said...

Lori, I've been off the computer for a bit, too, so I was reading your posts in reverse order. I read the post about your accident (had already been praying thanks to Facebook), then read this post. I was struck by your comment, "And that's okay. My family is all well -- today."

God's planning of seasons in our lives are so different than what we would plan, isn't it. Even in the struggles, even in the dry times, even in our pain, God is faithful. Thank you for taking the time to remind me of this; very timely.

Lori Rhodes said...

Thank you ladies for your kind comments. I am trusting God. My feeble heart is prone to complain about His providence. Thanks you also for your prayers.