Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Few of my Favorite Mother's Day Memories

I kept forgetting to take the traditional "stand together and look cute" pictures this weekend. Then, this morning, I forgot to take any more pictures of the actual day. I do love all of my children, but sometimes I can't seem to get them all in a picture. Oh well, we've taken those before. 

Mary, Lydia and Abigail with Mama


What an amazing example of motherhood my mother has been. She has taught me to do whatever it takes to raise her children and to be generous with her life.


Mama, aka Grandma, was teaching Abigail that sugar is good on everything. And as you can tell  by Abi's pajamas, it was early morning. Abigail also managed to empty Grandma's cabinet to "make ice cream"; cut her finger on a food processor blade; then bleed all over every dish and the cabinet. We only thought we were through washing the dishes. Apparently, large funnels on the head are the key to good homemade ice cream.


We stopped by Nana's to say Happy Mother's Day and took a spin on the golf cart. Nana taught Abigail to drive. Who knows what else she'll learn!
I'm so thankful for Ray's mother and her commitment to family. She certainly knows how to laugh and has taught my girls some great silly songs.


Rachel and Adrian had all of us over for supper. Her lemon cupcakes are delicious!
Rachel has two babies, keeps her house great, cooks wonderful meals and never complains about parenting. I have truly never heard her complain about having to take care of her children. She is always searching for something fun to do with them and their uninhibited giggles are proof that she is doing a great job.



Ray and the girls over did the presents this year so much that it felt like Christmas. 
Josiah is growing fast and gives the sweetest kisses, but my favorite present from him is when he called me "Gigi" this week. Grammy is still my name to them, but it comes out like that and I love to hear them call my name.










I did get Hannah and Lydia posing for pictures.


During my quiet time this morning, Abigail crawled in my lap. It was great reminder to pray for all of my girls and to thank God for my over flowing cup.

This afternoon, we had one of our sweetest friends over for lunch. I'm so disappointed we didn't get any pictures. To hear our children talk and love me, her and each other made me so thankful to God. Yes, they have their moments like everyone, but they do bless me often!

No comments: