Monday, April 13, 2015

2 Corinthians 1:20-21

Are you making plans? I am, I have so many plans that my life could probably be an example of how NOT to schedule your days.

I am often finding myself disappointed that those plans don't work out the way I imagined. Recently, I've had trouble finding the time to get to my mom's to visit as often as I would have liked. This verse was so encouraging to me.
For all the promises of God find their Yes in him.
Paul had wanted to visit the Corinthian church but it wasn't to be. He was able to know that it was not in God's plan for him to go. He wasn't being indecisive about going, it just didn't work out for him to go. He was able to say, "Amen (so be it)."
That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory.
I frequently make grand plans that include more than I know I will be able to accomplish. I have to remember Who brings those things to pass.
Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. Proverbs 19:21
May He grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans! Psalm 20:4

This clock is a special gift to me that I have planned to get hung in a very prominent place. I wonder how long it will take?

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

When AnnaKate was a tween, she'd borrowed my book, "Shopping for Time" (by Carolyn Mahaney and her girls). So when I casually complained one day that I hadn't completed a single thing on my to-do list, she replied, "Well, you completed what God wanted you to get done." It was a good reminder that my busy day had been productively spent serving God and His people, regardless of my plans.

I probably need to be reminded of that much more often!