Friday, January 06, 2017

Ornaments

There is a love/hate relationship with putting up Christmas decorations at our home every year. We love to see them up, but really dislike putting them out. We so dislike putting them out that this past year, we only put out half of them. 

But there's no doubt, one of my favorite things is the memories that each ornament brings. I have the ornaments that my mom bought in bulk and no longer wanted, the sweet handmade beauties from the girls, the silly elf-like things that are hidden on the back of the tree, photo ornaments that remind us of our aging, and precious gifts from friends and family. 

The girls each have a collection of ornaments that they have been adding to every Christmas. When they leave home, they'll each have a short lifetime of ornaments with which to begin their own trees. In this photo, I can see a glimpse of each of those treasures.

This funny looking bird was on a floral arrangement at my brother's funeral twenty-eight years ago.

Yes, I know Christmas is over, but I spent most of Christmas doing things other than blogging.

No comments: