Tuesday, October 04, 2016

We Become Like Them

Psalm 135:15-18

The idols of the nations are silver and gold, the work of human hands. They have mouths, but do not speak; they have eyes, but do not see; they have ears, but do not hear, nor is there any breath in their mouths. Those who make them become like them, so do all who trust in them.

I came across this note scribbled in my Bible. I don't know when I wrote it, who said it, or when.
We tend to become like that which we worship.

But how do we know what it is that we worship? Well, what do you look like? What do you think about? What do you talk about? What do you spend your time on? Who do you associate with most often? What is your first thought when trouble arises?

These are some questions that might help know where your worship is focused.

Ask the people you spend the most time to play the popcorn game with you. Tell them to answer these questions about you with the first thought that comes to their minds. The answers for me may be too difficult to hear. I don't know if I want to know what they think.

No comments: