Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What is my Facebook About?

I looked back over what I had posted on Facebook in the past and it was clear that I'm all about my family. And that's true. But it shouldn't be.

It used to be said that you could look at a person's checkbook and see where their priorities are. Well, Facebook may be that way now. When people look at my Facebook, do they see Christ?  That's what they should see.

"...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

In general, people share a lot on social media. For the most part, people I know post positive, safe for the family type things. Occasionally, I'll see things pop up that reveal depression, irritations, and even serious sin. Social media is my main source for actual news. Lots of people post and share things about their churches, businesses or favorite causes. All of that's fine. That's what Facebook is about, whatever you want it to be.

But what is my life personally supposed to be?

"I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86:12

I must be about the business of glorifying God and enjoying Him forever. So that's what my Facebook page must be about. I want to be more proactive about what I post and share. I hope that no one will look at my posts and get the wrong idea of what my life is about. But rather, I hope they see Christ.

Maybe that'll bother someone. That's okay. I'll be fine if they want to "delete" me. Then I still won't know the tiniest fraction of what it means to suffer for Christ.

No comments: