Saturday, June 04, 2016

Homeschool Goals

I'm really trying to get homeschool planned for next year so that I'm not scrambling at the last minute. I have learned that I have to have my homeschooling vision and goals before me to keep moving forward. The logistics and curriculum take a lot of time and effort to plan successfully. But I think the vision and goals of homeschooling are more important.

I read over a lot of things that I had written in the past about homeschool. Some days it was funny, some days I wondered who those kids are that I teach. But I noticed a common theme, homeschooling is hard. I would like to place before my family the vision and goals for our family to keep us all focused to carry on.

Now if I can just figure out what they are...

But looking back at pictures, I realized that we did do a few good things.  Below are a few snapshots from our end of the year celebration.

All of our children had to memorize a major portion of scripture, song or written work. Mary read The Confessions of Augustine and wrote a paper to present to the families that gathered. Some of the other things presented were -

  • 10 Commandments
  • The Athanasian Creed
  • Proverbs 3
  • Come Thou Fount
  • And about a million (jk) verses from our unit studies




a newspaper by the writing class

I don't know if this was the cutest thing we did all year but it was pretty close to the top. These beautiful faces dressed up as forest friends and acted out the book Very Special Friends by Jane Chapman.


This is part of the Spanish class after acting out something about an elephant and a flight attendant. I'm not a Spanish speaker but what I understood was hilarious.

On the last day of classes, our favorite history teacher returned from a deployment to Jordan. All of the kids were surprised and lots of happy tears flowed. 


No comments: