Thursday, August 14, 2014

Colossians Three

This Summer our church was charged to memorize the entire chapter of Colossians three. I had wanted to do something like that with the girls but the whole church setting about to do it added a little fire to the effort.

If I had just told my family, "We're going to memorize a large chunk of Scripture in the month of July." They would have attempted half-heartedly and stopped after I got tired of pushing. So with some very cute picture prompts from another mom we got busy.


If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Our friend worked really hard to create cute images like this for the entire chapter of Colossians three. For those of us who are visual, it was a great help! And for the children who don't yet read, it became their very own book. There were also some fun nights of games and review to keep everyone going, but because of my ridiculous schedule this summer, we didn't get to any of them.

Memorizing Scripture with others is a great incentive to keep it up. I told the ladies at our Bible study that I'm sure that I have more pride than love for God. Knowing that I would be reciting it with the entire church was one reason why I was able to memorize it so quickly.

To continue the Colossians theme, the ladies of our church are studying the Bible study book Colossians and Philemon: Continue to Live in Him by Kathleen Buswell Nielson and our family is memorizing Colossians four during this year of school.

No comments: