Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Our Homeschool Vision

With all of my talk and work recently on next year's homeschool, I wanted to rethink some of my early questions on homeschool.

Why do we homeschool?

How do we homeschool?

What is our homeschool vision?

I have been working on auto-pilot in my schooling so much lately that I'm not sure I even know what a vision is, much less how to write it out in words. So the best that I can tell, I think this sums it up in a not so great form.

To be filled with grace and wisdom

Grace- Christ gave His life for us to live. We must be filled with grace and live for Him.

know Gods word and practice it
Memorize scripture
Learn theology
Learn about missionaries
Serve others- the church, needy, young mothers
Learn history from a Christian worldview
Art and music with a view towards service to God

Wisdom- learn God's world and truths, learn about the world He created

Math
Science
Language arts
Foreign languages

Now, obviously, I need to work on form and make this clear for our family. We all need to sign off on how this looks for our family. As I make plans to change everything about our homeschool this 
coming August, our family will be going through a sort of "homeschool boot camp" to figure out how the next three girls can become educated the best way that we can educate them.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I would love to have you share with me all you've learned about homeschooling sometime soon! :-)

Lori Rhodes said...

I would love to share with you anytime. I'm sure every homeschooling family has a lot to share.