Wednesday, September 07, 2011

One of My All Time Favorite Household Projects!

...well not completely, but close. A while back we started memorizing a Bible verse from each book of the Bible. We would spend time during our school devotions working on them, trying to complete each verse in a week. (I think the whole process has actually taken two or three years.) I didn't want them left on cards in a closet so about a year ago, during family nights, we started painting the verses on canvases. We finally finished painting this week.

This is what our stairs looked like after cutting out papers the same size of the canvases and spreading them on the wall to see how they would fit.

At five o'clock in the morning the day after all of the canvases were hung, I started hearing banging. The first one nearly gave me a heart attack, but then I realized what it was. The canvases were starting to fall and have been falling for several days. I left them alone to see which ones would remain then I went back to securing them better.
I love the finished product! Since this project started, Ray has actually figured out what he should paint on the canvases (no more Georgia Bulldogs themes), Lydia has learned to spell, and Hannah and Sarah have realized that no matter how they try to avoid it they are always going to pick the same colors. It is so fun to see the growth of the younger girls through this project and watch Lydia sit on the stairs reading the verses over and over.

3 comments:

Kathryn Hudson said...

I would love a list of the verses you learned. We are working on learning one from each book of the Bible right now too.

the striped rose said...

I love that!!

Bali Hotels said...

Nice Post.... I Like to read it ^_^