Sunday, September 09, 2007

When Sinners Say "I Do"


What happens when you realize you married a sinner just like yourself? He's not perfect?!? No, he's not. After reading When Sinners Say "I Do", I have a new thinking on how my own sin affects my marriage. Not only do I sin against my own dear husband, but I sin against the Great High God who created my husband. He drew us together and yet I allow my own sin to cause us to not have the best relationship possible. Often, we all want to blame our problems on our spouse, when we aren't even considering our own hearts. Remember the "log in your own eye" illustration in Scripture? This book was great to help me see my own sin and how to deal with my husband's. It helps you to see the many areas of marriage affected by sin. The author, Dave Harvey is instrumental in demonstrating how mercy, grace, forbearance and forgiveness can transform your marriage to be a godly example of the love of Christ. Ray and I have a great relationship that I think was benefited by reading this perspective on how to deal with the sinners we are.
The picture above is of us with our youngest sinner on the way to a Hawaiian party.

No comments: