Thursday, September 01, 2016

It Wasn't the Worst Week Ever

...but it's pretty close to the top of the heap.

Goals for the second week of July were to increase my exercise time and weights and focus on Vacation Bible School.

Realities -
Monday, as I stepped across the street to start the extra distance in my walking, I rolled my ankle and fell in the road. I spent the rest of the week with a sore ankle and wrist, hiding a bruise on my face and searching for clothes to wear that didn't show my skinned knees or irritate them.

After I limped home, the washer flooded the laundry room.

Tuesday was as normal as possible with laundry piling up, then Bible School at night.

Wednesday, I washed clothes the entire day because some really great friends came over and fixed the washer problem (Tuesday night AFTER VBS).

Wednesday afternoon, I took Lydia to the pediatrician because of a suspicious spot on her stomach. Suspicions confirmed, she had MRSA. I left her at home for VBS and all was going to be okay.

Right before church, Mary or Hannah sent me text that a lot of people at camp had gotten food poisoning and was very sick. (It turned out to be a four hour, violent vomiting of 115 out of 150 people at camp. Terrible four hours but when it was over, it was over.)

Then at the last game of the night at VBS, Sarah joined a relay team of army crawling because they needed one more kid. Obviously, playing with the kids was a bad idea.

A friend phoned ahead and God cleared the path so that we weren't in the ER all night and were able to see the right person to get us on the quickest road to recovery. She ended up with two breaks and one joint completely misplaced. She had surgery on Friday morning. The result was three pins in her hand, she had to postpone National Registry testing for EMT class and she was scheduled go through physical therapy.




















Yes, this Summer was eventful. This particular week was crazy. But we are able to laugh at it now. Isn't it great how time puts things in perspective?

You should thank me for not sharing the MRSA pictures.


No comments: