Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"Are you mad?"

Abi asks me this question often. She is usually peering into my face while she asks. At her young age, she has become a reader of expressions. We all are to some extent, but I don't remember any of the other girls starting so early.

She doesn't know that she has learned Luke 6:45, but she has.

The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.
What's in a person's heart is going to come out. So if I am walking around with a grumpy face, Abigail is going to find out what's going on. And sometimes she will even act accordingly. It makes me sad that she knows to steer clear of me if I'm walking around with a scowl. 

But she has a special gift of doing some great things to make me smile. I need to show her the joy in my heart more often.


No comments: