Monday, April 11, 2016





















This is more than just two random pictures of my iron. These pictures were taken within fifteen seconds of each other. In one picture, the iron is on, the other, the iron is off. There's a short in the cord. It isn't broken enough to throw away so instead of buying another, I keep using it, shaking and maneuvering the cord to make it work. On Sunday mornings, it reveals the truth in my heart, I am a sinner!

These photos are a snapshot of the level of frustration over my own discontentment in my life. Why can't things just go the way that I want?  Unlike my iron, I can't seem to shake my contentment to get it back on. I want different situations fixed, right now. Why doesn't God fix them? Why won't He just shake things up and maneuver life so that everything goes the way that I want?

Romans 8:28 "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, ..." Somehow, I know that God is working together for my good. It doesn't feel good, but I am confident because His word is true that He is working for my good.

He won't throw me away when my cord is completely snapped, like what I plan to do any day now with my iron.

Deuteronomy 7:12
"...the Lord your God will keep with you the covenant and the steadfast love that he swore to your fathers."

No comments: