Saturday, November 07, 2015

Do Not Be Easily Irritated







1 Corinthians 13:4-5- "Love is patient and kind, love does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way, it is not irritable or resentful."







When I love Christ and when I love my family I will not be irritable and rude. I will not insist on my own way. When I am rude and even think I deserve more than I'm getting, I am not loving others. I am loving myself.


This verse is a verse that I pray through often because I am often easily irritated.  Just when I think I have noticed that there are some improvements, I am knocked backwards at my own sin. 

Ray has been out of town for several days and this sweet little girl hasn't left my side. She has been with me every moment - sleeping, eating, bathing, yes, even the bathroom. She made a simple request to help with something, I don't remember, but it was really very little to ask. I snapped at her and told her to go somewhere else. 

One of my daughters looked at me with shock in her eyes and said, "It really isn't that big of a deal. Here, Abigail, come help me."  I made the lame excuse that I was tired and needed a little space and sulked. 

I didn't handle my irritations well at all. There are times when mothers need to be alone to rest, recharge and renew themselves. But there is still no excuse for sin. My daughter needs my attention more right now because her daddy isn't around this week. I must put aside my irritation and love her in a kind and patient way.

She has gotten in some time teaching her babies all that they need to know. The picture to the right is of her riding in the car going to music. This is basically how she usually rides, with her "Bubby" and "Just Plain Elephant".

No comments: