Monday, March 02, 2015

Men and Women are Different

Consider my schedule for this particular morning-

5:30 wake up, shower
6:00 breakfast for Hannah and Sarah
6:30 quiet time
7:00 breakfast for the other girls
7:45 leave for group school

In the course of the morning, I was dealing with getting children ready, meals for the day and trying to get prepared for the literature class I was supposed to teach (which was not at all ready for).

Ray came into the bathroom while I was blow drying my hair holding a book and grinning. I turned off the blow dryer to listen to him while he read. I had just been running from room to room, rushing through and grabbing what I needed as I went. I certainly didn't have time to stop to chat.

He had things to do and deadlines too. He was finishing up preparations for an upcoming marriage conference and had found a new book. Besides the fact that Sunday is always coming, sermon preparation is always looming.

In the midst of the morning rush, he was able to stop everything and read. You can guess what the book was about- Intimacy! Men can stop on a dime for some subjects. Women take longer to see the humor or interest.

Now, I truly do not remember if I made it to my class on time, if I left the house dressed in what I wanted, if the girls were well fed or even if my literature class went off without a problem. In the big picture of our family, those things didn't matter. What mattered was my husband.

So, ladies, turn off the hair dryer and remind yourself to slow down and think. Think about the
differences and enjoy them. In the midst of a rush, our husbands need us to slow down, listen, smile with them and enjoy the discussion.

No comments: