Saturday, February 07, 2015

SharIng Grief

Why do we share our lives with the world? The pictures of empty rocking chairs and sick babies are heart wrenching to us and yet we share them with everyone. Our story is a testimony to God's faithfulness to his people. We are not promised a life of health and wealth. We are promised that He will see us through our storms.
Psalm 57:1-3

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.  I cry out to the God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.  He will send from heaven and save me; he will put to shame him who tramples on me. God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness.
Troubles come and go. God is faithful, steadfast. We can stand strong with Him.

Not everyone chooses to share their losses with the world. That's okay, each one's grief is his own, to do with as he sees right.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, sot that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
I want to comfort others with the great hope in the Father of mercies and God of all comfort. The entire passage in 2 Corinthians 1:3-11 is so encouraging and we have found it  to be a source of great comfort over the years.
"Our hope for you is unshaken..."

"...rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead."
"... and he will deliver us again."

No comments: