Monday, January 12, 2015

Some Great Reasons for Holding Hands

Daytona Beach 2010
How do you feel when your husband reaches for your hand? There should be a connection that no other hand brings. R. C. Sproul, Jr. wrote about hand holding and I really like the way he says it here.
Hand holding is a way to say both, “You are safe with me” and “Follow me into the adventure.”
These are just a few of my favorite reasons to hold hands -
  • Holding your husband's hand is different than holding your child's. His is bigger, protecting you, leading you through the world. Like Sproul said- safety and adventure.
  •  There have been times when Ray has reached for my hand and I didn't really want to hold his. Hand holding softens those bad feelings, feelings that need to be corrected. I have also purposefully taken his hand to help ease problems we might have been facing at the time.
  • Every time my girls see an even older couple than us holding hands all romantic sentimentalities are expressed. "Oohs, aahs and how cute is that!" are just a few things we might hear from them. Children love to see sweet expressions of love.
Try holding hands today with your husband and talk about how it makes you feel with him.


 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
        and establish the work of our hands upon us;
        yes, establish the work of our hands! (Psalm 90:17 ESV)

No comments: