Thursday, September 04, 2014

Homeschooling Is Not My Savior

It's coming along slowly.
It is my job.  With the changes to our homeschool this year I have been reduced to tears and felt like a "newbie". Our girls will be meeting once a week with two other families. While commiserating on all that we have to do, my friend reminded me that every year school is difficult for the first few weeks. It takes a while to get back to the routine and adjust to the growing lives around us. I was encouraged to keep going.

I don't want our home and lives to be about homeschool, even though that's the way it has seemed lately. I want our lives to be about Christ. When others see us, I want them to think "Christ, godliness, holiness, servant-like, etc." It would be easy to give others the impression that we are that family that "home schools, has six daughters, the dad is a pastor, etc."

So with all the talk of the changes in homeschool and such, please remember that it isn't who I am, who we are, or what we worship.

This was not the way to start the year, a crashed chair on top of Abigail.

No comments: