Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Darking?"

So here's a thing to smile about -

Coming home from church Wednesday night, Abigail says in her sweetest, most sincere voice - "Mommy, I'm sorry it's darking outside after church."
Me - (I wasn't sure where that word came from, but I was assuming she meant that it got dark, so I went with that.) "It's okay, it isn't your fault that it's darking."
Abi, with more emphasis, and great sadness - "But I wanted to say sorry cause it's darking. I didn't mean for it to be darking after church."
Me, trying to make her feel better about this sad occurrence - "Well, you don't have to apologize, you didn't do it. God is the one who made it dark."
She was getting upset that I wasn't accepting her apology and very serious about it by this time - "But I said I'm sorry, I wanted to say sorry!"
And I wasn't sure if I should forgive her but she wasn't planning on backing down for her apology - "Oh, okay, I guess I forgive you?"
Abigail was satisfied - "Okay."



No comments: